Directors Kelly Brookbank and Lisa Pumper have been offereing teacher trainings for over 10 years and now have joined forces to host this unique school that provides a diverse group of specialists and leaders in South Florida giving you access to the most well rounded program available in south Florida.
This training is a Hatha/Vinyasa school in the lineage of Krisnamacharya. We also incorporate various
Trantric lineages (Kripalu and Kundalini) to give a well rounded experience of our master
Hindu Lineage in the modern times of Eastern Yoga traditions.
Join us for the most diverse, qualified, yoga transformational experience offered in our area.
•Expand Your Teachings With Diverse Techniques
•Enhance Your Knowledge Of All Aspects Of Yoga
•Transformation & Professional Growth with Personal Mentoring
•7 Intensive Weekends
Directors Kelly Brookbank and Lisa Pumper have been offering teacher trainings for over 10 years and now have joined forces to host this unique school* that provides a diverse group of specialists and leaders in South Florida giving you access to the most well rounded program available in south Florida.
This training is a Hatha/Vinyasa school in the lineage of Krisnamacharya. We also incorporate various Trantric lineages (Kripalu and Kundalini) to give a well rounded experience of our master Hindu Lineage in the modern times of Eastern Yoga traditions.
The training focuses not only on the physical postures, but also on how the postures evolved. We explore yoga’s ancient sacred texts and five-thousand-year-old traditions, as well as the psychotherapeutic benefits that develop with a steady practice and the spiritual power that is set free when energy flows throughout the heart, body and mind.
You’ll be led by our expert faculty during your training as these teachers have been chosen for their expertise, and equally importantly, for their ability to support and guide you as you dive deeply into exploring your yoga practice and teaching.
Our educational goal is to help release the student of their conditioned educational expectations. We are not here to indoctrinate our students. This is a noncompetitive, open-hearted educational environment with an emphasis on personal growth, taught by exceptional leaders in the yoga field.
The training is open to anyone who has completed a Yoga Alliance approved 200-hour teacher training** and to all yogis with a strong foundation of yogic practice who desire to immerse themselves into in a richly authentic, full bodied experience of yoga and direct its benefits towards positive, momentous change.
**you must have a 200hr with Yoga Alliance in order to register for the 300hr (500hr level) with Yoga Alliance / School Register as Bija Yoga School
CURRICULUM & TOPICS:
Hatha Yoga Theory & Teaching Techniques: •Intermediate & Advanced Asanas, Pranayama Practices (Including Kriyas), Mudras, Bandhas & Meditation Techniques. •Insights to popular lineages & styles: Vinyasa, Iyengar, Kripalu, Kundalini, Trauma, Vini Yoga, Yin Yoga, Restorative, Pre-natal, Chair Yoga and more.
Anatomy & Physiology: •Functional anatomy beyond the 200 hour teacher, bio-mechanics and kinesiology for multi levels of asanas and practitioners, working with injuries and limitations and providing safety as the yoga teacher.
•Mastery of sequencing, class planning & themes (Hatha and Vinyasa Styles) •Assisting & adjusting asanas (both hands on and verbal techniques), •Incorporating pranayama, meditation, and philosophy into classes. •Supported yoga (Use of chairs, walls, and props)
The Business of Yoga (Ethics & Lifestyle):
•Building a presence and enriching our community through service (SEVA) •Holding “space” for classes and workshops, discussions of modern issues in the business of yoga •Ethics & boundaries •Uderstanding operations set up (website, social media, branding, marketing, accounting, licensing, etc.)
•Explore the teachings of our Ancient Texts & Lineage, Vedas, Upanishads, Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Tantric Philosophy, Stories of Hindu Deities and more… •Prana & Subtle Energies: Koshas, Chakras, Nadis, Aura, etc. including modern interpretations on how to incorporate into teachings.
•Techniques in verbalizing this oral tradition, posture names, mantras/chanting & kirtan
Ayurveda (Sister Science of Yoga):
•Balancing through Doshas and treatment including all new age health and healing practices under this tradition.
•Weekly 1 hr Online Conference •Monthly 2 hr Private Mentoring Session •Attending a Sunday AM Yoga & Live Music @ The Colony •Opportunity to Teach Yoga Classes •Create & Lead a Yoga Workshop •SEVA at Yogafestfl on 4/24 (8-20 non contact hrs) •30 non-contact hours - must be approved with school •Final Project and graduate in October - date TBA
OPTIONAL (for non-conatct hrs)
•SEVA at Kashi Ashram on 5/13 (optional 10 non-contacts hrs)* •SEVA at Costa Rica Retreats 7/23-27 (Teen Leadership) or 7/28 – 8/4 (General) (optional 30 non-contact hrs)* •Thai Yoga Training w/ Mukti Michael Buck on 6/23-24 (optional 16 non-contact hrs)* •The Yoga Expo FL : Continue Ed Courses on 4/14 (optional 10 non-contact hrs)* *additional charge for event.
• Kelly Brookbank ~ ERYT 500, YACEP, Kripalu, Vinyasa & Prenatal Teacher, Owner of Colony Studio, 200 & 300hr TT, Teen Leadership Programs, Founder & Producer of Yogafestfl, founder & director Mahashakti Foundation. colonyyoga.com, yogafestfl.com
• Lisa Pumper ~ ERYT 200, YACEP, Vinyasa & Restorative Fusion Teacher, 200 & 300hr TT, Founder & Director yoga cOMmUNITY of Florida, Founder & Director Fort Lauderdale Beach Yoga & Fitness by Donation, Co- Founder & Produce The Zen Cruise & Destinations. lisapumper.com, yogacommunityfl.com, thezencruise.com
LEADING GUEST TEACHERS:
• Arianne Om ~ ERYT 500, YACEP, Level 2 AcroYoga, Health & Business Coach, 200hr TT, Owner The Yoga Expo FL, Director Greater Miami Holistic Chamber of Commerce. bizzyyogi.com , ariyoga.com, theyogaexpo.com
• Cecilia Lester ~ ERYT 500, YACEP, LMT, ViniYoga Therapist, Physical Therapist. flagler-rehab.com
• Colleen Gallagher ~ ERYT 500, Senior Iyengar Teacher, owner of I Yoga Delray. iyogadelraybeach.com
• Greg Nardi ~ ERYT 500, Level 2 Authorized KPJ Ashtanga Yoga Institute of Mysore Teacher, Co-Owner Ashtanga Yoga Worldwide. ashthangyogaworldwide.com
• Jiwan Kaur ~ ERYT 500, Leading Kundalini Teacher, Coach, Minister and Birthing Coach. jiwanyoga.com
• Mukti Michael Buck ~ Vedic Thai Yoga Master Teacher, LMT, Founder & Director Vedic Conservatory, Ordained directly from A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada into the Gaudiya Vaisnava Sampradaya. vedicconservatory.com
• Marlena Haysday ~ Experienced Psychotherapist over 20 yrs & Yoga Teacher, LMHC
• Pam Butler~ Barkan Method, Chopra Meditation Teacher, Life Coach
• Paul Toliuszis ~ Senior Yoga Teacher in Miami, Hatha Vinyasa & Janan Teacher, 200 & 300hr TT, Co-Owner Tropical Vinyasa. tropicalvinyasa.com
• Phylice Kessler ~ RTY500, YACEP, MS, CPT, Vinyasa Teacher, 200hr TT, Life Coach, Fitness
• Rishi Eric Infanti ~ ERYT500, YACEP, MA, LMT, Vinyasa, Yin & Ayurveda Teacher. ayurvedayogatraining.us
• Tara Wood ~ RYT500, YACEP – Vinyasa & Yin, 200 & 300hr TT, Colony Yoga lead teacher. colonyyoga.com
- 7 Intensive Weekends -
March: 2-4 / April: 6-8 / May: 6-8 / June: 1-3 / June 29,30 / July 1 / Sept 7-9 / Sept 28-30 / + 1 Oct Date TBA for final project & graduation. *No classroom intensives July & August*
Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday & Sunday 8am – 8pm* *a few classes begin at 11am
• Red Pearl Yoga 904 n. Flager Dr , Fort Lauderdale, fl
• Urban Namaste 915 ne 20th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, fl
• Plus field trips to guest teacher studios: Ashtanga Yoga Worldwide, Tropical Vinyasa & iYoga Delray Beach
$3,995 paid in full before Jan 2
$686 pay as you go (pay 2 weeks b4 scheduled intensive)
For more info & registration contact Lisa Pumper at: LisaPumper@yahoo.com / (954) 609-9074
Bija Yoga School: https://www.colonyyoga.com/500-hour-teacher-training/
300hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
200hr Hatha Vinyasa Teacher Training
200hr, 300hr & Restorative Fusion Trainings
24 hours in class room / 7 hours online discussions w/ Lisa Pumper + guest speakers
Great for yoga practioners and yoga teachers, physical therapists, body workers, energy workers, pilates and fitness instructors, stress management professions, and health counselors.
The relaxation response and the nervous system
The Chakras & Koshas
Restorative asanas & sequences for different environment
Assisting and Acu pressure adjustments
Dynamic use of props for support such as bolsters, chairs, walls and more...
Breathing techniques to invoke a deep relaxation response and healing
7 week home study of Restorative Yoga & Yogic Meditation with a online discussion/webinar
Delicious vegan lunch breaks
In classroom sessions will include restorative yoga & meditation practices, practice teaching, lectures & discussions.
24 credits for yoga instructors (YA) Certified Yoga Teachers of all disciplines are welcome.
$695 * Includes training manual & certificate. Students must purchased thier own props.
❥ LOVE YOGA? Ready to teach or just want to dive deeply into your practice?
▸Choose a Gentle Hatha or Vinyasa Flow Focus
▸Led by over 10 well-respected Yoga ~ Mindful Living Educators and Health Professionals
This premier Yoga training embarks you on a profound journey of self - discovery; and empowers you to become the best person you can be. Our program offers a holistic, well rounded, comprehensive training to build a foundation upon which to teach the ancient art & healing practice of Yoga. You will be encouraged to develop these skills in a way that draws from your own experience and personal practice - Gentle Hatha to Power Vinyasa styles.
⇸ You do not need to have the desire to become a Yoga teacher to participate- Simply deepening your knowledge and experience can add so much to your practice and self knowledge.
➨ COURSE TOPICS:
● History & Philosophy: including but not limited to an Intro to 8-Fold Path of Raja Yoga, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutras.
● Sanskrit: Verbalizing this oral tradition, posture names, & mantras/chanting.
● Hatha Yoga Theory & Tecniquues: Asana, Pranayama practices, Mudras, Bandhas & Meditation Techniques.
● Anatomy & Physiology: Fundamentals of the human body and its mechanics. Relationship of key musculo-skeletal structures within asanas, Benefits and contraindications of postures. Anatomy of the subtle bodies. How to work with injuries and limitations.
● Prana & Subtle Energies: Intro of various Pranayama practices. Vayus, Chakras, Koshas, Nadis & more...
● Teaching Methodology/Techniques, Practices & Integrations:
Learn basic, intermediate and complex asanas. How to cue. Proper breath coordination. Lines of energy. Posture modifications/ variations. How to use props for supported postures. Intelligent & creative sequencing. Hands-on adjustments/assists.
Class planning. Setting a theme. Creating a supportive environment for self and students. Adjusting /accommodating for specific needs . Observing and reading students’ bodies.
Learn to teach a basic Hatha class and also Vinyasa class with optimal sequencing.
Explore various lineages/ styles: Vinyasa , Ashtanga Vinyasa, Hatha, Restorative, Yin Yoga, Kids, Prenatal, Kundalini and others.
● Practicum, Presentations & Exams: Private mentoring. Daily journaling. Develop a self/home practice. Opportunity to practice teach. Class & online participation required . Part of final exam is to teach one class and to write an essay about your unique yoga journey.
● Lifestyle & Ethics: Intro Ayurveda, Ethics & Boundaries of the Yoga teacher - student relationship.
● Seva (service) and Homework:
Teach a free community class & support a charity of your choice. Homework includes: 20hrs of (non-contact) classes exploring of types of Yogic styles & complete all homework readings.
● Business of Yoga: working at studios, insurance, and more.
● Lisa Pumper (lead teacher & director)
ERYT 200, YACEP, Vinyasa & Restorative Fusion Teacher, 200 & 300hr TT, Founder & Director yoga cOMmUNITY of Florida, Founder & Director Fort Lauderdale Beach Yoga & Fitness by Donation, Co- Founder & Producer The Zen Cruise & Destinations. lisapumper.com, yogacommunityfl.com, thezencruise.com
● Cecilia Lester (co lead teacher)
ERYT 500, YACEP, LMT, ViniYoga Therapist, Physical Therapist. flagler-rehab.com
● Jennifer Grace
Voted Miami’s number #1 Life Coach by New Times, Hay House author of Directing Your Destiny, Owner The Creative Insight Journey jennifergrace.com
● Greg Nardi
ERYT 500, Level 2 Authorized KPJ Ashtanga Yoga Institute of Mysore Teacher, Co-Owner Ashtanga Yoga Worldwide. ashthangyogaworldwide.com
● Rishi Eric Infanti
ERYT 500, YACEP, MA, LMT, Vinyasa, Yin & Ayurveda Teacher. ayurvedayogatraining.us
● Sharikay Sloboda
RYT500, YA Kids Yoga TTC, Yin Yoga, Red Pearl Teacher
● Karen Gavrilov
RYT200, owner Red Pearl Studio, Vinyasa based
● Kate Dufort Brescia
RYT200, Vinyasa based, lead Red Pearl Teacher
➨ DATES: Sept - Dec //
In classroom: 8am - 6pm Sundays + a few Saturdays dates TBA*
Online: 1 our each week at your convenience.
Private mentoring: 2 hours each month
➨ TUITION: Early bird $2,900 before July 1st - $3,200 afterwards (cash/check)
- payment plan available -
★ ONLY 12 spots ★ $200 deposit to hold space
➨ CONTACT: Lisa Pumper for info/register at 954.609.9074 or email@example.com
➨ LOCATION: Red Pearl Yoga Studio - Fort Lauderdale
Copyright Lisa Pumper Yoga. All rights reserved. 2013